Trade Commissioner of the Consulate General of Hungary in Chicago
The Trade Commissioner of the Consulate General of Hungary in Chicago promotes the development of business contacts between Hungary and 11 states of the Midwest. (Other US states are covered by Hungary’s missions in Washington D.C, New York and Los Angeles.)
Trade Commissioners of Hungary have a double function:
- attracting US investments to Hungary and
- helping US companies in identifying possibilities of importing products and services from Hungary
The Trade Commissioner of Hungary in Chicago is also at your disposal concerning any information regarding Hungary, including arranging your next corporate event there or for tips for your next family holidays.
Besides the Missions of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade the following dedicated agencies are active in promoting Hungary’s business and touristic contacts with the Midwest:
- Hungarian National Trading House http://tradehouse.hu/
- directly represented in Chicago by its official partner
FB International LLC http://www.fbintllc.com/
- Hungarian Investment Promotion Agency https://hipa.hu/main
- for materials covering Foreign Direct Investment possibilities per branch please refer to https://hipa.hu/main#publications
- for specific investment possibilities please refer to http://www.investhipa.hu/
- Hungarian Tourism Agency http://gotohungary.com/
Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas.
Andras Juhasz is not a career diplomat, he has a dominantly business background and arrived in Chicago after 20 years in commercial banking. He also has an experience in foreign trade (oil products, 5 years) and had one foreign service assignment as Trade Commissioner of Hungary in Algiers, Algeria (1984-1989).
Andras spent 10 years of his childhood in Belgrade, Yugoslavia (accompanying his parents stationed at the Hungarian Embassy) and made his studies at Kiev University, majoring in Economics.
Trade Commissioner, Consulate General of Hungary
303 E Wacker Dr, Suite 2050
Chicago, IL 60601
Cell: +1 202 848 5288